3.23.2007

Helen Clarke Is HERE!!!!

Guess what? No, wait! Guess where your PM is?!?!

MY STATE!

This was forwarded to me from my stepdad, I had no idea she was here:

Gov. Gregoire Welcomes New Zealand Prime Minister to Washington



OLYMPIA - Governor Gregoire today welcomed New Zealand Prime Minister Helen Clark to Washington . Governor Gregoire invited the Prime Minister to visit Washington when they met during her trade mission to New Zealand in May 2006.



“Prime Minister Clark and I have built a strong working relationship and I am glad she took me up on my invitation to visit Washington ,” said Governor Gregoire. “New Zealanders and Washingtonians share a commitment to protect the environment and share the natural beauty of our geography.”
While on her trade mission last year to New Zealand , Governor Gregoire met with
Prime Minister Clark and other officials to discuss collaborations to prevent shoreline erosion and promote a culture of sustainability.
Seattle and Christchurch , New Zealand , recently celebrated their 25th anniversary as sister cities. The Seattle-Christchurch Sister City Association builds a valuable connection across the Pacific Ocean through a wide range of cultural and education exchanges"

_______________

You know what really chaps my ass? That Christchurch, CHRISTCHURCH is Seattle's sister city!


I hope no one from Christchurch is reading this blog at this moment.
And man, SHORELINE EROSION! Awesome!

1 comment:

Morgan Davie said...

Hey, count your blessings. It could have been Palmerston North.

They have a very nice square there.