3.18.2007

Late Nite Oly Syle

Whenever I come to Olympia, my home town, to spend the night, I know it's going to be BALLS TO THE WALL CRAZY! Actually, it is usually a very tame night, that involves Old School Pizzeria, hearing strange music, and recalling the time Trever (and possibly I) break danced in the Taco Bell drive through to make up for the fact we had no money. (That was a LONG time ago.....it may not have even been me)
So St. Patrick's day 2007, when I could've been at Kell's in Seattle, proclaiming to all women, "kiss me I'm Irish!" I find myself in Olympia waking up at 10pm from a nap during "Bridge Over the River Kwai" (a great movie though). I drop my brother off at a party, I find out none of my old friends are in town for the night, and I head home to watch tv. This is what I got out of that time:
-Yoko Ono ruined the Beatles. I know everyone says that, but rarely do they have better proof of how much she sucked than in the overall amazing footage from "The Rolling Stones Rock N Roll Circus." It was John Lennon, just after the breaking up, and he's playing a blues/rock number with a classically trained violinist going apeshit to keep up. It's incredible. And then, Yoko comes out from underneath her sheet, and start wailing. Shrieking like a harpie, she makes the violinist actually WINCE. And she keeps going and going. I tried to change the channel, but I wanted to see if the violin player smacked her. And this is the second time in 2 weeks I've seen Yoko come out from a sheet to ruin the music of Lennon. Highlight: Lennon calls Mick Jagger "Michael" in a sketch, and Mick's face is priceless. This is overall a really cool show, with the Who probably the most on fire.
Phew, and now the other part of this night is this, but it's not as good without the video. On the Christian channel (I was really channelsurfing) there were old music videos from the early 90's, and one group the Newsboys, had a hit in their hands with the song "One Heart." They made QUITE POSSIBLY THE WORST/BEST MUSIC VIDEO EVER. Think new kids, but 10 times worse, and one 20th of the budget. It's perfectly bad, the early 90's expressions of "I'm a badass. A god-loving badass." It's an incredible piece of musical direction, and sadly, YouTube has it not. And perhaps more incredible, Morgue's Favorite "Conservapedia" had no info on the band. Wiki does.
There were some other interesting things too, but they will be lost in my lengthy writing. Huzzah!

1 comment:

Morgan Davie said...

Godtube has some of their videos but not this one. Sadly. I'm curious now.

Have you seen the awesome that is Sweep The Leg? Music by the guy who played Johnny in Karate Kid!