3.11.2007

I Pineapple Express!

This morning, or when was it? This daylight savings time messes me up....

EARLIER TODAY, I went geocaching on Queen Anne. I was ripping around in the light drizzle (fo shizzle) with my windows down, music blasting, and paying (slightly) more attention to the road than my GPS. I found myself in a part of the hill that I didn't know, and was searching for the 1st leg of the cache. I found the answer on a telephone pole, so I proceeded to the next stop, down the hill.
From there, I moved along to the Seattle Center (at the bottom of the hill for those that don't know) and wandered around in the rain and strangely warm weather. The "heat wave" of 60 degrees is from Hawaii, and if one closed their eyes, they could smell the hula girls on the wind.
But what was coolest is that I saw Seattle Center in a way I hadn't remembered:

Quiet, nice, and few people.

Usually, I've been theree for an event which draws thousands. This Sunday morning it was chill, and the opera house (or whatever it was) was all reflective-glass-and aluminum-swank.
I enjoyed that.

No comments: