6.25.2007

weekend bonzai!

Whew! What a weekend! So chocka full of stuff.
Friday night, at work, I ate the most decadant thing I've ever had. Well, definately the most decadant in a long time. I won't say what it is, because it will ovewhelm most of you. It was apeshit crazy good.
Then I went out with Angie and saw Whitetrash Whiplash, who unexpectedly rawked. The guitar player fell from about 8 feet up during the freebird guitar solo- and kept playing. I then slept until 1pm.

I went to Carta de Oaxaca, which is very good, and will be on my "go back and have pozole again list." Oh, Ballard- you have some good Mexican restaurants.

Saw "Eagle vs Shark" which was easily the best film I've seen this year. Truly great stuff. Thank you New Zealand for that one. I highly recommend it to everyone that loved Napoleon Dynamite, and not to those that loved "Blade 2."

I then continued my gastronomic delights by having a banzai Japanesh dinner, consuming sushi of various types, sukiyaki, broiled black cod collar and takoyaki- basically chopped octopus dumplings with ponzu sauce. Yum.

Uhh....what next? Oh yeah, Sunday morning I went on an 8 mile hike to Rachel Lake in the cascades (12 miles past Snoqualmie pass). It started nicely, following a stream and passing through alpine meadows in a canyon. And then the end of the canyon was met, and a relentless ascent began, up over 1500 feet, and over the snow line. It was raining on us, and then all of a sudden, it was snowing on us. We hurredly ate our lunches in the quiet-snow-lake place, and more or less bolted down before we completely froze. It got warm quickly, which was nice, and finished 5.5 hours after we started.

And then Dustin cooked me dinner, featuring the 10 pounds of cherries he bought for $10. Cherry Sauerbraten (braised beef shortribs with cherry-shiraz sauce), crushed potatoes (last time he ever cooks purple potatoes), greens, and for dessert: cherry cobbler and cherry ice cream. And wine. Good wine. And applejack. Good applejack.

And sleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh 1500 feet. Nice weekend though man, hey what, DID YOU EAT?

Anonymous said...

The Rachel Lake hike is one of my most favorite.

--Paul