2.16.2010

Epic'd.

I have arrived in NYC. Exhausted. The last few days have been a cavalcade of delights:
Friday night: The Baranoff's back bar up in Greenwood. A total shiteshow. The place was insane. I may or may not have been hit on by a tranny.....
Saturday night: Left work, and headed to my friend's birthday. She was crazy, excited, and crazy excited to see me. Then I went to a German bar and shut it down whilst enjoying landjager.
Sunday was Valentine's day. Work was actually slow, since it was all tables of 2, as opposed to larger, heavier-ordering tables of 4. After that, I went with some co-wo's (to borrow Cal's usage) to Liberty up on Capitol Hill for uber-swank cocktails. I had a Krux cocktail, and a Corpse Reviver #1 (which differs from a #2....gross!) and then headed home and hooked up with my main man in NZ, Morgue, via skype.
Monday: My birthday; Korean food, a nap, packing, a run, and an absolutely incredible dinner at my restaurant. We ate and drank like French Kings of Yore, and then put on fur clothing to become whiskey consuming cossacks/Russian gangsters. Then I went to listen to my friend's band.
Tuesday: I woke up 3 hours after going to bed, and headed to the airport. Slept enough on the plane to make it ok later in the evening, and then rode the subway into the city. In the Lower East Side, my cousin Brad and I walked his hood, had a couple beers, I told some interesting stories/anecdotes (I often do), and then we had incredible soup dumplings. Yes, dumplings. With soup in them. Like, liquid soup, like brothy water balloons. They were amazing. And now, it has all caught up with me, and I have to sleep. Lunch at DBGB tomorrow, and the Nat'l History museum are all I have planned for tomorrow.
Sleep land awaits!

No comments: