2.22.2010

Wow.

I have returned to a beautiful Seattle day. I am inside, but need to remedy that. Soon I will ride the bike.
But 1st, some blog action, from NYC.
Restaurants eaten/drunk at: Joe's Shanghai (soup dumplings), Katz's deli (corned beef on rye), Death & Company (high end cocktails and a tuna plate), Cafe Mogador (Moroccan food), D.B.A (a bar with lots of great beer), a dimsum place I cannot recall the name of (I was the only non Chinese person there), Bar Masa (technically perfect sushi, although very expensive and not a good value), Bar Jamon (the cat's meow, Spanish tapas and cups of txakoli!), Blue Hill NYC (4.5 hour dinner), Les Enfants Terribles (with a hot girl I picked up on the subway), Donut Plant (really need to explain this?). There was some NYC pizza in there too somewhere.....

Seen/visited/heard: MOMA, the Natural History Museum, a snowy/quiet/amazing Central Park, a crazy guy annoyingly singing "Jingle Bell Rock on the subway for no apparent reason, a woman saying on her cellphone: "I don't know if you're dead or if you're alive, just call me," and a woman telling her friend: "how am I doing? I'm worse than awful!"



And finally, my experience at Blue Hill, long format. The formatting got wrecked by google docs, but this is it. In all its glorious detail.

2 comments:

Seth said...

An incredible sounding dinner. Even without Dan at the helm, I'm glad to know you were in such great hands. I hope the memories last and fuel your passion for local foods.

Morgan Davie said...

That Blue Hill write-up is amazing, man. So good. It leaves me feeling warm and delighted.