12.11.2006

Home for the Holidays!

I'm back out in the Hutt for the holidays, and am spinning it that way to parental figures on all sides of the Pacific...
It's good to be back out in the Hutt for some reasons. Like those of you who grew up here, they're more "feelings" than tangible facts. Just the comfort of being around a family is excellent.
Anne Davie finally decided to make the weather good. It's been sunny and warm-ish the last couple of days, but there's been a light haze coming in from Austrailia due to the fact that pretty much all of Victoria is on fire. As Sam said, "that's all dead kangaroos." Er...nice sunsets though....
Today is a bog day, as I'm planning all my South Island road trip and Returning's details. Tickets for ferries and planes should be bought today. It's all gonna firm up today, and make going home "real." Which is bittersweet. I really feel the desire to stay in Wellington- I love the people I've met (except who I work with) and the city itself, but if one believes in omens, and I kinda do, then this place keeps giving me signs confirming that I gotta go home to cook food like this.

It's so amazing.

Actually, I cannot wait to try Dustin's "Alpine Herb Ricola (Cough Drops yes) ice cream. Melted pieces of the cough drops in the ice cream base. Think an herbal version of peppermint stick ice cream. With cough drops.

Kiwis are freaking out right now.

Well, I gotta go pick up my car from the shop-it's in great health and Damon's dad Anton of Anton's Autos (full endorsement) said it'll get Morgue and I around easily.
Love your life, I am.

No comments: