12.30.2006

End of the Year Chili Feed.

I made chili today. It was damn fine. It was taken advantage of by only 3 people: Myself, Leon and Laura. To all others: A shame that overtakes you when you realize you won't have eaten the 4th best chili made in the world this year. The top 3 all won county fairs in Texas and are either named Junior or Bubba. Or both.
This chili thing was about the only thing I felt I've done since I got back from Napier. Sure, I made dinner from friends, drank my holiday-gift-from-my-ex-work bottle of bubbles, watched a bunch of DVDs and found out how you feel the next day after consuming an entire holiday-gift-from-my-ex-work bottle of bubbles, but I still don't have anything to show for it.
I suppose I feel this way after reading Morgan's blog. I had planned to write a light-hearted account of how great chili is when it's rainy and cold and football is on TV. But the re-hashing of things important by Morgue made me think about my yeat in review. And then I thought, my last year wasn't defined by dates and times so much as definite ideas and major, nay, historical choices. My coming to NZ was a start, and will have a finish soon of an important block of time in my life. The choice to start my own buisiness with my friends is another. So when these things pass into time/history from me, then that will be the most important definition of time for me.
I hope I didn't lose anyone with my thoughts there. I am unwilling to go back and make sure they make sense, as I have to get ready to party in celebration for 2007 being one of the best, exciting and financially scary years in my life.

So with that said, Happy New Year and le'chayim!

No comments: