12.07.2006

My flatmate is a dickhead

He texted me Wed night at 11pm as I was walking home and declared, "we have to move out by Sunday night 'bro." I had heard his grumblings 2 days before, but what I had heard was that he was trying to resolve issues with the landlord- ones that I accept due to the fact that A) I was going to only be living there for another month or so, and B) Anybody that saw my last place knows my standards of acceptance of crapiness have been lowered. So as I see it, if the landlord wants his investment to go to shit, let him. It's his ultimate loss when the roof needs to be replaced because it's all rotted.
Anyways, this stupid anouncement came at literally, THE WORST TIME OF THE YEAR. I am working 55 hours this week, and have my longest, toughest days always in the first 3 weeks of December. I cannot have a life these 3 weeks. I cannot move easily by any stretch of the imagination, even with minimal stuff like I have now. I don't need this right now. So I told him he was being a dickhead in more or less terms.

4 days notice.

But it must be said that due to the informality of things around these parts, I never signed an agreement, it was all verbal, so I am at his mercy. That is something I'd never do back home, but was ok with not having a document, as I didn't know how long I'd stay. But it should be noted I'd give more than 4 days notice!
Suck.

And now something to cheer me/you up: