7.05.2008

4th of July.

Happy 4th of July, belated.  Yesterday I returned from a brief and highly unsuccessful fishing expedition/worst meal of my life to smoke a pork shoulder in my brick box.
It was smoked for 5 hours, then wrapped up in foil with my smoked Mexican chile BBQ sauce and cooked for another hour.  It was then pulled, and mixed up with more sauce.

It was the best BBQ.  Ever.

I could win multiple blue ribbons, because of it's unconventional style and taste.  Some will remember my Blacked Jerk Pork with Sweet Carrot BBQ sauce, but not many, because of it's limited audience.  Some will experience it someday: meaning probably YOU!
I caught up with a few people via the phone, and the best thing ever:  My friend exclaimed, "I'm an independent woman!"  and her sister in the next room just thought she was talking to herself, not realizing she had picked up the phone.

Watched the fireworks over Lake Union and nearly blew everyone up with a failed double mortar attempt.  Sorry Anne.

No comments: