7.14.2008

Weekend Ramblings

Ahh...so what's the story in these parts these days....
Friday night I met the owner of Matterhorn/Mighty-Mighty/member of the band Eggs here in Seattle.  Apparently, he's an old friend of my step-sisters from college.  He married a girl from the Hutt, and live in Wellington now.  He's really cool.  I owe him one....
Saturday was a long one, but at the Empire stand in UW, I was in the zone.  I sold more ice cream than the other guys, and I was flying solo.  I even had a girl drop her number.  Actually, her friend did it for her, and there was another woman standing there who was beautiful.  When the utterly gorgeous woman remarked, "wow!  that's pretty amazing."  I replied, "It's just a theme for the day.  I'll take yours too."
She then laughed, and told me that I didn't want hers, since she was married and pregnant....
Sunday though was torture at Fremont.  I had to work so HARD to get people to TASTE ice cream, and it was really hot.  Really hot.  I got discouraged and hit rock bottom when I told a guy who wanted to know where he could get his son a sno-cone that "I wouldn't feed my kid a bunch of that corn syrup crap."  He then said, "Uhhh.....thanks...." and walked away.
We're done in Fremont.
And then I went out with this girl from work to see The Wes Jones Band at the Little Red Hen- I took Damon there to see em when he came to town. 
And tonight I just home from giving the 1st ever ice cream factory tour to these 2 regular customers- the girls who took me to eat amazing fruit.  And I received more too....

Now an evening run around the lake accompanied by This American Life.


1 comment:

Morgan Davie said...

Apart from the Fremont story, these tales are all AWESOME.

Even the running around lake + This American Life is awesome. Ira Glass is a dude. I should listen to that show more.