7.20.2008

Eat some S'Cream!

Ahh, it's a beautiful morning here in Seattle.  I am off today from Empire, since we decided that we only need 2 guys to run the stand.  We'll be rotating days off.  A break!
But it's National Ice Cream Day.  Celebrate it!  Eat some Empire Ice Cream if you can.  Eat Kapiti if you can't....
I finished watching Six Feet Under.  It's a show I started months ago, and the ending is quite heavy.  I cried, it's that heavy.  But, somehow, I felt good too.  Amazing stuff really....

So my day now is I'm picking up Kenji, going to the market, getting some ripe tomatoes and other veggies and eat them with some lamb kabobs.  Or some neck steaks.  I have a hankerin' for lamb today for sure.
Later I'm walking around Green Lake with a friend, and then tonight I'm having dinner with my cousin Paige who just finished at the London School of Economics.
What a free day in the sun!
Ohh, and I gots to make me a pavlova too.  With ripe fresh, local raspberries....to be a locavore in this area in the summer-such pleasure!

1 comment:

d3vo said...

Woah there, did you say London School of Economics? There is a small chance I have actually met your cousin!!

I talked randomly to a student of the LSE who was there for a year on a scholarship. We met at a French styled bakery place not far off Oxford St that actually knew how to make a decent Mocha, only one of a few worth mentioning that I had that holiday.

She was from the states but wasn't sure if doing Economics was the right thing. I told her the LSE was a really big deal and that I had thought about doing economics but ended up doing IT instead.

If your cousin had some kiwi guy give her a guide to Tokyo or similar then we have met. Or perhaps she gave me a guidebook? She'll probably remember. I would have had my crazy multicoloured shoes on.

Post back soon, I am most curious!