7.02.2008

Fly Me to the Moon

A recap of last weekend:
Drove the Dart via the ferry to Pt. Townsend. It was nice to stretch the cars legs like that. Just cruising. When I got to PT, I went for a run to the lighthouse at Ft. Warden state park, which is about 4 miles return. It was insanely hot! I hung out the rest of the evening, with the exception of the rehearsal. Twilight was spent on a deck at a bar called sirens 3 stories above the water watching the small ferry (a different one) and the seagulls. It was pleasant. Also, the groom, who never drinks, downed 4 shots in something like half an hour. None of it was my doing, I swear.
The wedding was a long day indeed. Very hot again, but I looked good in my tux. The ceremony was nice, short and full of tears for the parents.
The reception, in the shade of a big tent, was accompanied by a gypsy jazz band that was quite good. I even sang a song with them- fly me to the moon. It was my 1st time singing with a live band I think...
After the reception, me and a couple guys returned to Seattle, exhausted, but got super-hot Indian food. I like it when I tell the waiters I want it as hot as they eat it. They always smirk...

This week is crazy busy, as it's our 1st double-market day weekend. So we have lots of stuff to take care of, but I will, seemingly have the 4th mostly to do what I want. I love that.

And, finally, I came across this amazing wine description, from a fancy restaurant in Seattle's website:

"Scot's Wine of the Month
Summer is finally upon us. Let's hope it's not a passing fling. Summer love is in the air and the Seattle-layers are coming off; Beware of the ghostly skin that has yet to see the sun in months. I've finally found my favorite shades, lotion and I am headed to the beach with a bottle of rosé. Domaine Ott's, Les Domaniers is priced right and is perfect for those hot summer afternoons and romantic evenings. It's soft and supple with hints of flowers of Provence and ripe strawberries. Slide the cork out and let the juice flow. The aroma is intoxicating and reminds one of young innocent love. The color is pale pink and not unlike seductive skin that has been veiled from the sun. There is a touch of wet stone and mineral…similar to humid air drench with the mist of crashing waves. This rosé is a clean and refreshing compliment to the thick provocative musk of bodies that have been baking in the hot afternoon sun. Les Domanier's Rosé is dry and great for inviting temptation. Women love it. It's perfect with Spot Prawns, Dungeness Crab and lush pink lips. As the sun sets and you are curled with your sweetheart take a moment to reflect how simply perfect life can be; Your girl, a beautiful sunset, a beach blanket, crashing waves, and of course a perfect bottle of Rosé by Les Domaniers."

No comments: