7.29.2008

Pavlova "ala Felice"

I'm off today. Well, I have a couple Empire duties, but one of them is a chocolate tasting. Poor me!
I'm cooking up a storm tonight, and have been looking forward to it, since I bought the produce at the market on Sunday.

Tonight’s menu (at this point) is:
Squash blossom “rellenos” stuffed with spiced ground lamb and rice
Yakima sweet corn succotash, with local green beans in lieu of limas
Spicy grated fresh pickles
Pavlova “ala Felice”

Yes. You wish you were coming, I know.

In other news, I get to see Aki today; he's been in London for the last 2+ months, and we get to hang out today.
And we made a super-secret flavor of ice cream, that we're not telling anyone what flavor it is. We'll put the fact that there's a secret flavor on the website, and citizens have to just ask the for the secret flavor-no tastes- or flash the Empire gang sign.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohh that's warming up my taste buds. Can you compete with the localist local menu from the St James House? All picked/gathered within walking distance. Will it taste good? I'm sure no where near as good as that dinner, but what do you think?

Cat Tail Flour Pancakes topped by Salmonberry compote

300 Minute Duck Egg with Dandelion Chutney

Smoked Sage Kimchi Kabobs. Zucchini, Heirlooms, and Cucumber wrapped by Pea Vines.

Wanisan said...

Well, I couldn't beat the freshness, but I could beat the dandelion chutney!