7.31.2008

Failure.

Utter failure last night, I admit.

I feel ashamed to let you all know that I haven't made a pavlova in a very, very long time. Over 6 months, and maybe over 9.
I used to make them weekly! And I got to the point where it was all done by eye. And I just did it by eye last night. I also whipped the whites by had- or I should say my friend did, but we got to the right place, or so I thought.
The pav had a poor structure, and the sugar "bled out" some.
Plus I put in like 3 times the right amount of vinegar.
Actually, thinking back, it was the vinegar....
I didn't serve it. It died a hot water death.

So I ate chocolate and fresh raspberries with my date. Could've been worse....

3 comments:

d3vo said...

The pavlova is rough I tell you. When you make it right it is all so easy, other days it takes you to pieces.

Somethimes I think the pavlova Godess wants a little bit of your soul before she will share her fluffy goodness.

Morgan Davie said...

Indeed, she is a harsh mistress, so fickle, and yet so sweet with her delicate rewards...

(In other news, chatting with Jim today we talked briefly about D&D... I'm so keen for my Masters to be over so I can play again...)

Unknown said...

doh....