5.17.2009

Complain.

I am tired; I am working on a few hours sleep (and I was short on sleep the night before too...)

And it's sunny out, and I am stuck inside.
And reading about BISCUITS (did you hear Beth just squeal with joy?!?)

Baking Illustrated's Buttermilk Biscuit recipe:
1 cup ap flour
1 cup pastry flour
2 teaspoones baking powder
.5 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon sugar
.5 teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into little cubes
.75 cup buttermilk

mix your dry stuff. cut your butter in. Add the liquid. Mix, roll, cut, bake, eat, eat some more!

I swear I am going camping later this week!

3 comments:

Beth said...

Love those biscuits! Thanks for the recipe - I won't need you anymore now ; )

strong light said...

Wow - it's *just* like the recipe for scones

Wanisan said...

Bef, you will ALWAYS need me.

I use a shortcut form, that's why mine are so irregular- and they are NOT like scones Cal!

Everyone is attempting to rile me up.....