5.11.2009

I graduated!

I got to go to Pulman over the weekend for my brother's graduation.  

I really don't know what to comment about that.  I will start with the facts I guess.
Pulman is home of Wash. State Uni.  and it is in the middle of the palouse region of WA, which is almost devoid of trees, and is a premier wheat growing region!

It takes about 7 hours to get there from Olympia, and I drove over with my dad.  Highlights of the weekend:
-My brother received an award for being "really, really, really good" at construction management (his degree).  And the bbq at the award dinner.
-Making fun of a restaurant called "Swilly's."  It's one of the town's finest.
-Enthusiastically (how else?) explaining the game of Nails to drinking college kids.
-The arboretum walk in Moscow, Idaho.
-After the graduation ceremony was over (how come graduation ceremonies are so boring?!?)
-Seeing my brother graduate.

I may sound like I am making fun of Pulman.  But that's not fully my intention.  It is amazing to me how people who attend that school love that place their whole lives.  My grandparents met there, and my Grandma still loves that place and the friends she made.  Because it is so small, you have little else but to hang with friends.  As opposed to UW, which is in Seattle, you have city life to distract you.  They are 2 different styles of school, but again, WSU grads are way more into WSU that UW people are into UW.
Anyways, some pics from the weekend:


1 comment:

strong light said...

We miss you, you big goof! Hurry up and come back!