5.18.2009

Fake.

I love creating fake, or oddly themed menus. It's a creative writing excersise; how crazy can I get within the confies of the menu-writing genre. There is an art to it, and I definately have my style.
I have been working a few days at my old job, and still have access to my old computer files. There was one menu I did to freak a cook out shortly before I left:

Ryan’s Demise

Terrine of kippered Alaskan Herring and Brussels Onions topped with a tranche of seared farmer’s paneer

Yakima Peach & Brandy flummery

Soufflé Omlette filled with pulled
Puget Sound Mud Shark loin and Oregon truffles

Sour Cherry Consommé, garnished with
angel food cake croutons

“Eggs Benedict”
A poached quail egg on a buckwheat blini with cured rabbit loin and duck fat sauce Choron

Civet of Nutria, “ala Portage Bay”
With foraged morels and local tomatoes

Demitasse of Oregon Grape and Salal jelly,
marked with Sweet Hyssop foam
_____
Now I dodn't think that sounds too bad at all, eh?

1 comment:

Morgan Davie said...

This is a kind of creative writing I know nothing about, but: there should be a journal for publishing these. Chefs and food nerds would unwrap each issue as it arrives in the post, quickly turn and read the recipes, chuckling or snorting or stroking their chins in contemplation. It would be ORSOME.