6.25.2009

LocalVeg

I received a phone call yesterday from the T-Man, who informed me that the farm stand near my house was open.
I decided a little stroll was in order. When I say close, I mean, 3 blocks away. And the food is grown right there too. Food miles: .33!

And I didn't use any plastic bags; I just threw the bok choi, radishes, salad mix, and rainbow chard in my satchel.


So anyways, enough blowing of my own horn. I came home and cooked the chard with dinner, doing so "in the Italian way." Rip the ribs off, dice them, cut up some onion and garlic, sweat them together, add fennel seed and black pepper. When that's soft, add the chopped leafy part, and cover, steaming quickly. Season and dash on some lightly flavored vinegar on top. I ate most of it.







I was too busy eating, so I didn't take any pics of the final thing! Crap!

2 comments:

Morgan Davie said...

Nom fricken' nom, dude. That sounds like good eating.

And respect for the extreme eco-friendliness of the excursion!

Tickle Me T-Mo said...

Nice-wan Wan! Next stop Evergreen Farm Stand, Red Square, 11 to 4:30, Tues. & Thurs.

Give my breast to Akibono.