6.08.2009

Writings.

I spent beyond an honest day's work writing various things. My head hurts- it's not used to staring this much at the screen. I do not know how people do it.
I worked on 3 different things, 2 of which got second-drafted.

-A piece entitled "Last Supper." It's about a meal I ate in San Francisco. I am saving the world premier of that that one for my website, whenever that is up and running. I gave one person a copy for feedback, and I am still waiting. It is probably the most emotionally honest piece I have ever written. That last sentence makes me sound like a dandy wordsmith.

-The beginnings of the Kumara Junction, in a new format. I created this idea, with Morgue on our roadtrip on the South Island. The idea is basically this: there is a cold German who is doing research in the Westcoast hamlet of Kumara Junction. Hilarity ensues. For all the Kiwis reading this: it's brilliant, you know this. For all other nationalities: "Huh?" is the correct response. But Morgan had the brilliant idea of developing it into a radio drama, ala the olden days. In my research, I found a link to the original War of the Worlds show, as well as other classics. We'll release it via podcast one day. And with Leon Verrall as the voice of the bogan bus driver, Early!

-More content for my foodie creative writing website. The tale of my arrival in Japan, and the journey to the 1st meal. Platform mime-linguists! Bill Murray spying on me! Me acting BOLD!
Second draft posted here for anyone interested in reading my (more than my blog's) writing.

I am going to go listen to the aforementioned War of the Worlds, and think about the fact that this afternoon my Grandma told me she heard it on the original broadcast live.

2 comments:

2treesandahorse said...

there are 2 l's.

Wanisan said...

OK!! I CHANGE IT!!!!