6.22.2009

Mima Madness.

I went out to the Mima mounds area today. I took pictures, but I can't find my cable at the moment...so you get to imagine what I saw:
The are is a a prairie, on the Southwest side of the Capitol forest, and the mounds are a bunch of...well mounds of dirt. I like that they're also known as "Hogwallows."

My friend Seamus and I went out there, and hiked, looking for the falls that are of the same name. In the old-ish growth forest, our trail went past a bunch of ripe salmonberries, which after reading the fact that often they are referred to as "insipid," I knew I wasn't crazy. One out of a few were kinda good....
But we hit a point where the trail was temporarily re-routed, and that ultimately, got us to a fork in the road, and we didn't know which fork to take. So we turned around.

We trekked back, through a mud hole we hadn't wanted to go through to begin with, and it ended up being 8 or 9 miles of walking. A nice day in the forest/backwoods Meth free trade zone!

No comments: