8.29.2009

Auch.

Action packed. Never a break. That's my life this week.

Spent a couple days earlier this week getting ready for a trip up to my friend Kyle's family cabin on Orcas Island, which kicked butt.
I drove up early with Kenji and we caught the ferry. Got to the place about noon, and enjoyed the beautiful day by swimming, drinking beer, playing apple baseball, cooking, hot tubbing, and general, all-around shenanigans. Fell asleep after s'mores around the campfire on the lawn. Deer came and ate the apples while I slept.
Woke up early, made biscuits with stewed peaches for breakfast, then had to hop back on the ferry to make it to work Friday. Which sucked. I wasn't right until about 6pm, when I ate my polenta dumplings (made kinda like matzoh balls) with fresh cranberry bean and braised fennel ragout, with wild arugula and pecorino shavings. Hearty food, described by the Mexican dishwasher as "comida que curado crudo." Anti-Hangover food. Definitely.

And after work tonight, I have a party to go to- another risky wager whiskey rager. Auch Aye.

No comments: