4.30.2009

Alligator Dundee.

I went down to the Willamette Valley yesterday to interview for a sous position- the one I did the menu for.  It is at a new small hotel that is opening up in the middle of wine country, in a small place called Dundee, and it looks like it's going to be pretty nice.
Highlights include a small restaurant, a deli, a wine bar, and the food would be supplied in part by a 1.75 acre farm, which I would go pick stuff from.  Also, being fed one of the finest lunches I have ever had*.  Seriously.
Lowlights include the fact it is in a pretty middle of nowhere, agricultural-based place.  The county seat is 15-20 minutes away, and has 35,000 people.  Portland is 40-45 minutes away, and that is to the outlying section of SW Rip-City.
So if I am offered the job, do I commute from the city, or live in a small town.  It's poll time!

*food was: 4 kinds of perfect salami and an 18 month prosciutto (all made in-house), a green garlic sformata (it's texture was like having a beautiful woman in your mouth....but that's another story), deep fried sausage stuffed celery with spicy tomato sauce, and fresh tagliatelle  with sea urchin.  And 2 glasses of wine.  And an espresso.  And excellent service from the owners.  And a bill for $20.  I am the Alligator.

No comments: