4.05.2009

.....And it's dead!

My car. What happened to the always reliable Dart?
On my way down to Oly from Seattle yesterday, I stopped for gas in Fife, the butthole of Tacoma, only because I felt I needed it (felt=because my gas gauge doesn't work).

And then it didn't start up again.

I moved it out of the way, got a ride down to Oly, to sort it out once I got home. I got it towed this morning down to my dad's house, thinking/hoping it was just the alternator needing to be changed. I changed that, and some other stuff, and it won't start up or do anything at all.
Nothin'.

And now I know it's an electrical mess, which, if I remember correctly, is something that is supposed to be more in line with, say, a1983 Alfa Romeo Spyder, not a '66 Dodge Dart. There is barely anything electronic. Some are surprised when they open the hood and DON'T find a dino-creature moving it, ala the Flinestones.

Rant, rant, rant, etc.

At least it was sunny today- shorts and t-shirt weather, and I went disc golfing (poorly). I just don't need the car troubles.
I should blog about something much funnier to read tomorrow!

1 comment:

d3vo said...

In a time of renewal old things must go so that new things can arrive.

Or you can fix the old thing :-)