4.21.2009

Projects.

I am going to do some home brewing this week.  Why?  Because I have my kit, I've got some extra time, and I'm poor, so making my own liquor as a poor person is a time-honored American (or human rather) tradition!
Well, it ain't gonna be no moonshine.  It's going to be a Belgian strong golden ale, ala Duvel, but perhaps a wee darker.
Never made beer before?  It's easy, and fun.  You can start with mixes/kits, or you can create your own recipe using an online beer calculator like this one.  It's nice, 'coz it does all the math for you- I even found out how many calories per 12oz my beer will have (Bud Lite it isn't!)
I will try to document the process of beer making.  I wish to inspire you to make your own.

Other project: cricket bat for backyard summer cricket.

No comments: