4.25.2009

Round-Up.

A little round-up for my life:
-Went out to the Nisqually delta, which is going to have the retaining dike destroyed on April 3rd, thus making it (I think) the largest salt marshland in the state.  It has been farmland for 90+ years or so.  Please correct me if I am wrong.
-I bought the 1st of the season asparagus from Eastern Washington yesterday; from Sunnyside.  It was FANTASTIC.  I simply broiled it, then butter salt and pepper.  I ate it outside, in the sun.  I loved every moment of it.  And when asked to explain why I love it so much, my answer is simple: it is the beginning of the growing season, well, as long as you exclude radishes...
-Artswalk last night in downtown.  I messed up my pizza dough, which as soon as I mixed in my flour, I realised I had an issue.  It turned out to be high gluten wheat additive, not high gluten flour.  You are supposed to add a bit to regular flour...not use it only.  I made a giant dough turkey!
-Tonight is the procession of the species, the big hippie arts parade where everyone dresses up as animals.  If I went, I would go as this.
-I have gotten some of my music back, either through itunes being nice, or obtaining my music off my ipod.  If anyone wants to compress an album for me, and send it to me, so I can have new tunes, that would be awesome.

2 comments:

Dan said...

Now, by broiled, you mean tossed under the grill element in the oven, right (to use NZ speak?).

I love new season asparagus, when they're still young and crisp and sweet and tender. I usually steam them for about 3 minutes, and then yeah, butter, salt and pepper.

Mmmm. Oh, for spring...

Wanisan said...

I do mean that kind of "broiled."
When I say grill, I mean bbq.
and when you say bbq, I think a couple things, depending on if it's a verb or noun!